Total Pageviews

Monday, January 24, 2011

Liar, Liar

I’m not going to go into dirty details, but I think it’s important that I briefly go into this part of my life.  Because looking back it has really made me who I am now – it has made me a stronger, better person.  And that is not a load of crap, it’s the truth.  

It was December 2007 and I had a new job in Freehold.  I loved this new job.  The annual holiday party was coming up, and being a typical woman I was eagerly anticipating the opportunity to get all sexed up and enjoy a night out.  My ex on the other hand had the personality of a gnat and was throwing excuses at me left and right.  I remember telling him, “this is a new job, I need you there.  Please it’s one night, I’m begging you”  Well remember he worked at K-Mart so he was quite the busy man.  I remember the night before the holiday party he came home in a mood.  I avoided him like the plaque because I knew if we fought he would not go to the party with me.  It was unavoidable, his sister was dating a guy who was just out of prison and my ex wanted them to come over.  This guy was a creeper beyond words and I didn’t want him over. Between the tear drop tattoo on his face, the scar across his face and the fact that he smelled like he rolled around in shit I wasn't too eager to bond with this low life.  Lucifer often referred to me as a Middletown spoiled brat, and perhaps I was.  But I think this time I was totally right.

Well the fight was a big one and  of course it ended with “and now you go to the party alone”  I did just that I went to the party alone, put what I thought was my best game face on, told my new boss my husband had a stomach flu and tried to make the best of a bad situation.  When I got home from the party my ex was on his cell phone whispering.  I remember him jumping when I walked in the room and saying “what are you doing here”  At that point I knew something was not right.  But I did what most women do, I buried my head in the sand and prayed I was being paranoid.  I mean it was Christmas, who wants to find out their husband is screwing the 17 year old Filipino cashier at Kmart.  That certainly isn’t a nice Christmas surprise! 

It took me several months to put all the pieces together and realize my husband was getting blow jobs in the   parking lot of K-Mart by a 17 year old Filipino girl who had braces.  But eventually I figured it out.  I can understand why that woman in Texas ran her husband over upon discovering his infidelity.  I wanted to do the same, but my fear of God and knowing I'd look awful in an orange jumpsuit made me think twice.  I'm much too vain to be put in jail, and I'm quite certain they don't thread eyebrows there or sell Coach.  I'd also have a uni brow by the time I was released, not a good look on me.

I think I'll dedicate my entire blog tomorrow night to when I met Lucifer's child bride and when I took her out for coffee.  I also think that as dark as that moment was for me, the Lisa that I am now started to develop.  My divorce attorney has told me I'm "rare" meaning I'm one of the very few women who had the balls to call "the other woman" or as I refer to her as "the other child" and meet her.  Meet her, buy her coffee, take a photo with her and get a copy of her diary with every disgusting detail of what she did to Lucifer.  My life was becoming a Lifetime Movie and I was the main character.  Lucky me.


No comments:

Post a Comment